Saturday, September 17, 2011


I chomped down on my cornflakes with a purpose ... the crunch was echoing through the office and some wayward glance came my way but today I was in a D.K.D.C mode- what is that you ask – it’s Don’t Know Don’t Care!! I had a very big decision on my hands – and if you have seen how huge my hands (along with the rest of my body) is you can understand this was the mother of all decisions. To FB friend or not to FB friend !!! ok no you don’t get the gravity of it – this was not your garden variety FB request – This was a request from an EX!!!! Taaaeeuuutaaaeeeu(this is how it would sound if my heart could sing). Do you also sometimes feel like there is background music playing for all of your actions? No, you say – well then I am the only crazy one here. In my head – actions have a sound associated with it. Like when I miss the bus by that half a second – I can hear a ppaaapawwww- wrong answers always have “eaaaahhhhhh” ( game show buzzer sound) or when I crack a super joke I hear a “baadammbushhhh” ( you would be thinking given my sense of humor – this would be happening very rarely, right ? eaaahhhhhhhh – so wrong – I find my own jokes hilarious !!!! (please don’t judge me :( )

Anyways- I digress, so a few months ago on a perfectly fine day this …. This.. “thing” happened. My daily routine – as I am getting out of bed- even before my eyes are open, my hand has found the iphone by the bed- The first thing I do is my scrabble app – I forget so many things lately that it worries me some day I am going to forget where I live or that I am married ( which may be Biju’s lucky and only ticket out) – someone suggested scrabble / crossword to keep the brain “active” – so it’s been my first and religious action for some time now. As I pretended to dominate the online alphabet world – I then move to the one and trusty Facebook- there was a nice and welcoming “1” displayed next to My friends request- doesn’t that always make you smile – that number next to the friend request? – don’t lie – your heart does a little jiggy and you say to your self - ohh yeayy-  Noooo you say again? ;).

Anyways so seeing that request I let my figure poke the iPhone screen to reveal the details and lo behold – His name displayed on the screen - XYZ wants to be friends with you. My first thought was WHY … I mean why would anyone want to be friends with their Ex?!? For a minute leave aside the point that I ‘have’ stalked a few of my ex on Facebook ( serves them right for not updating their security settings) and danced my happy dance seeing their  increasing waistline and receding hairline ( ohh don’t look at me with those judgmental eyes- I know you’ve done that too!!) but I wouldn’t want to send them a friend request. That’s just so many degrees of awkward and wrong. I am sure there are some unwritten rules about such things …right? Like the toilet cubicle rule- unless there is none other available you DO NOT use adjacent cubicle to an occupied one?!? Don’t look at me like I am crazy.

Even by the end of my breakfast I was nowhere near making a decision… I could very well do the grown up thing and completely ignore it (Which I actually did do for almost a week) – I mean it works for everything else why not this!!! Hhuum somehow it didn’t sit right- I had to tackle this one head on. I finally decided to draw up some Pro’s and con’s and see where that took me- I will not bore you with that table but what I will give you a peek at the few sane/pg rated points of why I am Mad to even think of Accepting it and and ever bigger Dork for not accepting it :-

1)    He knows I used to wear White acid washed jeans – which I still may or may not have in my wardrobe ;)

2)   Do I really want to be reminded of my mistakes – to borrow words from someone else – when I think of it I wonder- was I drunk through the whole relationship!!

3)   But then we “were” good friends before it all soured – I mean the good times were good ;) 

4)   My first bike ride or rather – non platonic bike ride was with him – ohh my!!! Words cannot describe the thrill of sitting on a hot as bike with a cool as guy when you are in your teens and having a clandestine affair – yes I know the adrenaline rush!!

5)   Without accepting the request – I couldn’t not troll through his photos to poke fun and feel – ummmhumm ;) and just as I say this- I can see you all go into your settings and block me – baadaambushhh!!! Don’t worry – I don’t blame you- I would have done the same.

6) Somethings are better left in the past?...or are they?

What would you have done?

- yours questionably !!! :X

PS:- here is a Random photo of a bike - taken in Oz- happy figure-ing ( yes i just made that up - D.K.D.C :P )




3 comments:

  1. I would add the ex so he can see how fabulous you look ......I know it sounds cheap but it gives an amazing level of satisfaction

    ReplyDelete
  2. God - thank you for your guidance - i love it that u read my blog and leave a comment - plz keep staying in touch

    love
    Your defective creation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the only reason why I have temporarily deactivated my FB account...how many requests...what to tell u ;-)..

    Good one..cheers!

    ReplyDelete