Tuesday, August 2, 2011

From Mars or Venus !!



How did I end up here ?!?! Ok wait, no-no I am not asking about how I was born!! That painful birds and bees conversation my parents attempted would have cost me a fortune in therapy but for the amazing power of denial !! – It never happened ;) How confusing was it at that age right !! – that secrecy and the explanation through metaphor and then the bloody Bollywood movies to confuse you- I kid you not at one time I used to think to make babies you had to sing a song in the garden and end it with a kiss – ohhh the innocence ;)

Anyway, before I digress more – let me come back to my despair quote – This is what I was thinking as I stood in the orchard shopping mall while Biju and another male friend of ours played “dress up” in the change room. It was perfect Sunday afternoon – perfect for a siesta that is (the greatest gift French gave the world). I mean I could very well have said no, how hard would it have been – just two alphabets – Naa ohhh!! But somehow I got sucked in to the loving wifely responsibilities and more importantly friendship responsibilities.  

Having gained and lost (mostly lost – I mean if you are reading this blog, you probably know me less than 6 months and can still tolerate me ;)) so many friends I think there are some unwritten rules of mate ship and one of them includes “ thy shall accompany ‘mate’ to shop fest”- actually a few more from the top of my head are: -

  •   thy will hug a friend when they need one – Even if they didn’t ask for it
  •   thy will slap a friend when they  need one – Even if they didn’t ask for it
  •   thy will not ask why they are calling at 2 in the morning – you will just rock up and help hide the evidence ;)
  •   thy will tell a friend when their ass looks big in that
  •   thy will give up Sunday afternoon for friends shopping spree –

   
sighhh…… and this exactly what I was doing. I know what you are thinking, I am a girl – how can I not like shopping (I probably have signed a petition to make it a national sport). But you see this was a “male- shopping” day – and idiot that I was I automatically assumed – it would be a wham bam thank you mam’ affair. Well I was proven wrong for the second time. You see I have very recently come across this truth -men secretly looove shopping and only put up a facade to live by some “man –code” and avoid being called “princess” by their male mates (more on that latter). I had to look in amazement and trust me I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen it with my own eye – but they both actually went to each shelf in the shop – talked fashion - about colours and coordinating. At a certain point they discussed moving the shopping expedition to Zara and then to GAP– THEY KNEW NAMES!!! < insert jaw dropping expression here>- and were willing to look around rather than go and grab the first thing they saw!!!!! WTH was happening here – have I been away from civilisation for that long that I missed this amazing evolution in the Male DNA – are men also from freaking Venus?!!!

If you do not believe me just have look at this photo of a casual boys day out !!!




1 comment:

  1. Hahaha... On my god! The truth has come in papers... Lol... Excellent one Anu Ji... Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete